Wireless Router RNX-N150RT User Manual
- 6 -
Chapter 2. Connecting the Router
System Requirements 2.1
Broadband Internet Access Service (DSL/Cable/Ethernet)
One DSL/Cable Modem that has an RJ45 connector (which is not necessary if the Router is
connected directly to the Ethernet.)
PCs with a working Ethernet Adapter and an Ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors
TCP/IP protocol on each PC
Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari
Installation Environment Requirements 2.2
Place the Router in a well ventilated place far from any heater or heating vent
Avoid direct irradiation of any strong light (such as sunlight)
Keep at least 2 inches (5 cm) of clear space around the Router
Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉~104℉)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90%RH, Non-condensing
Connecting the Router 2.3
Before installing the Router, make sure your PC is connected to the Internet through the
broadband service successfully. If there is any problem, please contact your ISP. After that, please
install the Router according to the following steps. Don't forget to pull out the power plug and keep
your hands dry.
1. Power off your PC, Cable/DSL Modem, and the Router.
2. Locate an optimum location for the Router. The best place is usually at the center of your
3. Adjust the direction of the antenna. Normally, upright is a good direction.
4. Connect the PC(s) and each Switch/Hub in your LAN to the LAN Ports on the Router, shown
in Figure 2-1. (If you have the wireless NIC and want to use the wireless function, you can
skip this step.)
5. Connect the DSL/Cable Modem to the WAN port on the Router, shown in Figure 2-1.