About USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1
USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1. This connectivity standard oers speeds up
to 5Gbps. Any mention of USB 3.0 in this manual or on the StarTech.com website for
DK30A2DH refers to the 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 standard.
Install the docking station
When you connect your laptop to the dock, the required drivers are automatically
installed. If you receive a prompt to automatically install the driver(s), follow the on-
screen instructions to complete the installation.
The drivers can also be found under the Support tab on our website at:
Connect your devices to the dock
• The dock features two display channels each with an HDMI port and a DisplayPort
port. Each channel can only support a single display.
• If two displays are connected to same channel, only the DisplayPort will function.
1. Connect your peripherals to the dock (for example, USB devices, RJ 45 network, and
2. Connect each of your external display(s) to each of the dock’s display channels.
Install the remaining drivers
Depending on your operating system, the required drivers install automatically when
the dock is connected to your laptop.
1. Download the latest drivers by visiting StarTech.com/DK30A2DH and clicking the
2. Extract the contents of the compressed le(s) that you downloaded.
3. Double-click the appropriate driver for the version of Windows or macOS that you’re
running and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: If you are prompted to restart your computer, do so to complete the installation.