Congure the device server
You can congure the device server by using the EMT Connection Wizard software or
by using a web browser to access the GUI (Graphical User Interface).
Install and congure the EMT Connection
Wizard (Windows only)
1. To download the latest software, use a web browser and navigate to
2. Click the Support tab.
3. Download the software.
4. When the download is complete, extract the contents of the compressed le(s) that
Note: Alternatively, you may use the provided software CD to install the software.
However, it is highly recommended that you download the latest software from the
5. Double-click the appropriate software .exe le for the version of Windows that
you’re running. For 64-bit operating systems, run the le in the x64 folder. For
32-bit operating systems, run the le in the x86 folder.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: You may be asked to restart your computer to complete the installation.
7. Once installed, launch the EMT Connection Wizard by selecting the icon on your
Windows desktop or Start menu.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to congure the device server and your
connected serial device(s).
Use the EMT software
Before using the EMT software, ensure the device server and your computer are on the
1. Once the software is installed, launch the EMT Connection Wizard by selecting the
icon on your Windows desktop or Start menu.
2. Click the Elevate button to run the wizard in Administrator mode, then click Next.
3. Select the kind of link you want to create. The type of link you want to create
depends entirely on the application you are using the device server for. In most
cases you should select the rst option, Create a link between a Virtual Serial Port
and a Device.
4. Create a new VSP (Virtual Serial Port) by selecting the Create new VSP option, then
select a port name (for example, COM1). Then click Next.
5. Click Select from the list. The device server should show in the Auto-Discovery
list. Double click it to select it.