6. On the following screen, click Next.
7. Select a Channel and click Next. Channel 1 is for the device server’s serial port 1,
Channel 2 is for the device server’s serial port 2.
8. Select which side will need to send the data rst (for example, setting the device
server as a client or as a host). Click Next.
9. Continue to follow the on-screen instructions, entering any further settings (for
example, gateway and netmask settings, serial settings, and so on) that are
referenced. Click Next to navigate to the next screen.
10. Click Congure, then click Finish.
• You can use the EMT DS Manager to manage settings without having to use the
web interface and to make sure that the computer can see the device server on the
• The EMT DS Manager software is used for conguration of the device server itself,
while the VSP Manager can be used for conguration of the serial port(s).
Congure using the web GUI (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
1. Use a web browser, and type the following in the address bar:
Note: You must be on the same subnet (192.168.1.xxx) in order to use the address
referenced in step #1. If you are having problems connecting to the device, check your
network infrastructure to ensure the device server is on the same subnet.
2. Leave the password eld blank, and then click Login.
3. Set up and customize the device server’s settings as needed.
Web GUI Defaults:
Default IP: 192.168.1.40
Reset the device server
to factory settings
To reset the device server, do the following:
1. Disconnect any power sources from the device server.
2. Open the device server’s housing by removing the two screws from the device
server (one screw is on each side of the device server).
3. Press and hold the Reset button until the device server beeps twice.