Commissioning the Solar Circuit
To commission and check the solar circuit:
1. Switch off the electrical supply at the power outlet to the solar storage tank.
If the pump has been operating, wait five minutes to allow the drain back of the closed circuit fluid in the
2. Cover the solar collectors with an opaque material to prevent solar gain during the commissioning process.
3. Remove the lower and upper front covers from the solar storage tank.
The solar monitor located on the lower front cover is
connected to the solar control module by a ribbon cable.
The ribbon cable has sufficient length to enable the
removal of the lower front cover and for it to be set to one
side of the opening without disconnecting the ribbon cable
from the solar control module.
The ribbon cable can be disconnected from the solar
control module if it is necessary to remove the lower front
cover completely from the work area in front of the solar
4. Ensure the isolation valve in the pipe work between the
outlet of the heat exchanger and the solar pump, located
behind the lower front cover of the solar storage tank, is
Attach Closed Circuit Fluid Level Hose
5. Attach the clear hose to the solar circuit.
To attach the hose:
Ensure the heat exchanger drain valve is closed.
The heat exchanger drain valve is located adjacent to
the solar pump, behind the lower front cover of the
solar storage tank.
Attach one end of the hose to the hose tail
It may be necessary to secure the hose with a hose
Plug the free end of the hose.
Affix the hose securely in a vertical orientation to the
front of the solar storage tank using tape, adjacent to
the text, “MINIMUM FLUID LEVEL WITH PUMP
isolation valve open