This water heater may be equipped with status lights located on the top cavity cover. The purpose of these
lights is to indicate the power and element status of the water heater.
Possible light combinations and methods to determine proper function of water heater are shown below.
1) Power is on and no element is heating the water. Full of hot water.
1) Power is on and the bottom element is heating the water.
1) Power is on and the top element is heating the water.
2) Reduced amount of hot water with this status means the bottom element has
failed. Call service.
3) Cold water with this condition means the top element has failed. Call service.
1) Power is off. Check power source or connections.
2) Emergency Cut Off has been activated. Turn off power supply and have a
3) Call service.
System Sentinel Status Lights and Diagnostics (if installed)