70257-a.10-HELIO C2 USER MANUAL
9. How to use your HELIO C2
9.1 Folding & Unfolding
• Rotate front riggings forward
until they lock.
• Flip up the footplates.
• Remove the seat cushion.
• Lift the handle on the seat
upholstery (Fig. 2).
• Pull the wheels towards each
When unfolding the wheelchair, be careful not to put
your ﬁngers between the pivot links, or under the seat
rails. Always push or pull on the seat upholstery. Make
sure the wheelchair is fully opened before transferring
• Tilt the wheelchair towards you; make sure the opposite
wheels are off the ground.
• Push the edge of the seat upholstery towards you until it
• Press downwards on both seat rails in order to engage the
lock mechanism of the wheelchair. It is necessary to push
down on the middle of the seat rails to make sure that they
are correctly positioned in the seat rail supports. You will feel
a click between frame components.
9.2 Wheel Locks
Never use wheel locks to stop wheelchair movement.
WHEEL LOCKS ARE NOT BRAKES. Make sure the
surface is not slippery as the wheelchair could move
even though the wheel locks are engaged.
Ensure that the stem locks imbed at least 1/8” (0.3 cm)
into the tire rubber when chair is in locked position.
Ensure the wheelchair is stable and locked with wheel locks.
• To engage the locks (Fig. 3),
push wheel lock handle forward
(for push-to-lock type) or pull
wheel lock backward (for pull-
to-lock type) until the lock is
• To release the locks, pull wheel
lock handle backward (for
push-to-lock type) or push
wheel lock handle forward (for
pull-to-lock type) until the lock
is fully disengaged.
9.3 Front Riggings
• Insert the front rigging pivot into the wheelchair’s mounting
• Rotate the assembly toward the front until the mechanism
locks into place.
• Repeat the same steps for the other side.
• Push the release locking lever (1) (Fig. 4a) inward or outward
and maintain that position so the front riggings can rotate
• Rotate front riggings outwards or inwards to disengage the
• Lift the assembly up (Fig. 4b) so as to disconnect it from the
• Repeat this procedure for the other side.
Fig. 4a Fig. 4b
• When transferring, avoid putting weight on the footrest and be
careful not to stand behind the footrest.
• Never use footplates to lift the wheelchair.
• Only use non-detachable parts to lift the wheelchair.
9.4.1 Elevating legrest
220.127.116.11 Installing the
• Remove the actual footrest, see
• Install the elevating legrest (Fig. 4.1)
the same way to install a regular
front rigging, see section 9.3.1.
18.104.22.168 Adjusting the
• To change the legrest length, pull on the lever (1) to open the clamp
• Change the length and push on the lever (1) to close the clamp.
• To change the legrest angle, set the desired angle while pushing
on the red button (2).