T (450) 588-6555 - 1 866 650-6555 F (450) 588-0200
10. Adjustments and
maintenance of your
Refer to your dealer for service. A complete and updated list of
service providers can be found on our website.
10.2 Replacement Parts
Consult our website to download the parts manual and view
Please contact us at:
Motion Composites Inc.
519 J-Oswald Forest, suite 101
J0K 3H0 Canada
Fax: (450) 588-0200
10.3 Tools needed
The HELIO C2 was designed to be serviced with
regular tools. All screws and bolts are standard and can
be adjusted with a wrench, socket wrench, or Allen key.
Motion Composites does not recommend the use of any
power tools to tighten screws on this wheelchair. Final
tightening should be done manually.
10.4 General maintenance
10.4.1 Tire pressure
• Check tire pressure with a tire gauge.
• Inﬂate if pressure is below recommended amount as labelled
on the sidewall.
• Do not inﬂate tire over recommended pressure.
• Over inﬂation could result in tire failure and injury.
• Under inﬂation could result in a ﬂat tire.
10.4.2 Cleaning your wheelchair
• Use a soft clean cloth with soap and water to clean your
• Rinse and dry the wheelchair adequately.
• Do not use abrasive cleaners.
• Do not use a pressure cleaner.
10.5.1 Removing/Installing the Back Canes
• Loosen the top bolts (1) and
(2), which are also used to
support the armrest socket
(Swing Away and Flip Back
• Slide down the back post to
remove it from the tube.
• Reinstall the back post
in the reverse order and
tighten screws snugly.
• Tighten bolts (1) and (2)
• Wheelchairs equipped with
Flip Back armrests; tighten
screw (1) while paying
special attention to the
force needed to ﬂip back
10.5.2 Adjusting the Back Angle
• Loosen screw (1) and
remove screw (2) from the
• Adjust to desired angle by
sliding the mechanism.
• Reinstall screw (2) and
tighten both screws to ﬁt
10.5.3 Removing/Installing the seat belt
• Remove Screw (1) in order to remove the seat belt clamp (2)
that is attached to the belt
• Reinstall screw (1) directly on the frame clamp (3)
• Tighten screw (1) until it is properly tightened.
• Repeat the same steps on the other side