46 User Guide ShoreTel IP Phone 485g
Using Advanced Features Making a Conference Call
Making a Conference Call
A conference call involves more than two parties connected in a call. The number of people you can
conference together in a call using your Conference button depends on your system configuration.
Contact your ShoreTel administrator for the details about your system’s conference capabilities.
You can set up a conference call using either of the following approaches:
In a blind conference call, you conference the people together without the other person first
answering your call.
In a consultative conference call, you talk to the person before adding that person to the
To make a conference call:
1. Dial the extension of the first person you would like to include in the conference call, and consult
with that person.
2. Press the Conference button.
The call is put on hold.
3. Dial the extension of the next person you would like to add to the conference call.
4. Optionally, after dialing the extension, you can quickly do one of the following:
Press the Conference soft key to initiate a blind conference call.
Press the Consult soft key or wait until the timeout ends to initiate a consultative conference.
If you have the necessary permissions, press the Intercom soft key to connect with the other
party through the intercom.
5. Do one of the following:
While the phone rings, proceed to the next step.
Wait for the person to answer, and consult with the person if necessary.
6. If you’ve initiated a consultative or Intercom conference, when prompted press the Yes soft key to
proceed with the conference.
A three-way conference call is established. Your phone displays the number of other participants
included in the conference call.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for each additional person you want to include in the conference call.
Press the Cancel soft key or the Hold button if you want to cancel the conference.