MR-8HD Owner’s Manual (Other functions)
The MR-8HD can supply phantom power (+48 V) to the XLR balanced connectors of [INPUT A]
through [INPUT D].
So you can connect condenser microphones which require phantom power.
You can turn on or off phantom power to the XLR connectors via the menu mode.
The phantom power can be supplied to the XLR balanced connectors of [INPUT A]
through [INPUT D]. Therefore, to connect a sound source which does not require the
phantom power, use any of the unbalanced phone input jacks on [INPUT A] through [IN-
If any plug is inserted to the unbalanced phone input jack, the phantom power is not
supplied to the balanced XLR connector on the same channel.
The phantom power setting returns to "Off" (default) when you turn off the MR-8HD
<Notes on using phantom power>
• Confirm that the connected microphone needs +48 V phantom power.
• Turn on the phantom power after making microphone connection.
• Mute the outputs of the MR-8HD when turning on or off the phantom power or
plugging/unplugging the microphone.
• Do not supply the phantom power to a microphone such as below.
* A microphone whose output is unbalanced
* A high impedance microphone
* A microphone whose pin 1 and pin 2 or pin1 and pin 3 are short-circuited.
* A microphone with the grounded center tapout such as an old-fashioned ribbon
[TO STEREO BUSS ON/OFF] key
You can directly access to the input menu screen by a long press of the desired [TO
STEREO BUSS ON/OFF] key. For example, a long press of the [TO STEREO BUSS ON/OFF]
key of [INPUT A] directly accesses to the screen shown below.
Phantom power on/off