MR-8HD Owner’s Manual (Punch in/out)
After rehearsing the auto punch-in/out operation, it's time for executing actual auto punch in/
1) Locate the recorder to the point before the punch-
2) Make sure that "AUTO PUNCH" is shown on the
screen (i.e. the auto punch mode is active).
If it is not shown, press the [AUTO PUNCH] key.
3) Press the [RECORD] key while holding down the
The recorder starts executing actual punch in/
out operation. The " " icon on the
display changes to the " " icon.
Unlike the rehearsal, the recorder
automatically starts recording when it reaches
the punch-in point, then automatically stops
recording and exits the auto punch mode at
the punch-out point.
You can cancel the auto punch in/
out recording you made by pressing the
In addition to the punch in/out func-
tion, the MR-8HD allows you to edit the re-
corded material using the following editing
• Deleting the whole data on the desired
track (using the "Erase Track" menu item).
See page 104.
• Copying all data on a track and pasting it
to another track (using the "Copy Paste
Track" menu item). See page 105.
• Moving the desired track data to the other
track(s) (using the "Move Track" menu
item). See page 107.
• Exchanging all track data between tracks
(using the "Change Track" menu item). See
• Deleting the desired part (using the "Erase
Part" menu item). See page 113.
• Pasting the desired part(s) to the other
track(s) (using the "Copy Paste Part" menu
item or the "Copy Part" and "Paste Part"
menu items). See pages 114 and 116.
• Moving the desired part(s) to the other
track(s) (using the "Move Part" menu item).
See page 119.
• Exchanging parts between tracks (using the
"Change Part" menu item). See page 121.
A "part" is defined as audio data between
the "LOCATE A" and "LOCATE B" points.
Therefore, you have to set the "LOCATE
A" and "LOCATE B" points when editing a
The punch-in and punch-out points set
for the auto punch in/out function also
can be used as the "LOCATE A" and "LO-
CATE B" points.
Actual auto punch in/out
Punch out point
Playback Recording Playback
Punch in point