Field Memory Recorder (Chapter 7: MENU mode/Setup menu)
1) Use the [+] or [-] key to select "Setup >" and press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
The display now shows the Setup menu.
Upgrading the software (Version up)
You can upgrade the software of the unit via this menu item.
In the following description, it is assumed that the latest software has been downloaded from
the Fostex web site (or supplied by Fostex dealer or service station) and copied to the memory
card which is currently set to the FR-2LE, while the FR-2LE is in the MENU mode and the main
menu screen is shown ("File >" is highlighted).
5) Press the [STOP/CANCEL] key to exit the MENU mode.
The display returns to show the Home screen which was shown before entering the MENU
6) Turn off the FR-2LE power and then on again.
You need to turn off the power and then on again after upgrading the version.
To check that the version has been upgraded, follow the procedure described on page 109.
For details about how to copy the software downloaded from the Fostex web
site (http://www.fostexinternational.com) to the FR-2LE memory card, see "Copying a
file from a PC to a memory card" on page 72.
2) Use the [+] or [-] key to select "Version up >" and press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
The display now shows the software number on the memory card (for example, "FR2LV100.MOT").
3) Press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
The display now shows the Version up screen where "Are you sure?" flashes.
4) Press the [MENU/ENTER] key while holding down the [RECORD] key.
The unit starts writing the software. When completed, "Completed!" is shown.